Riviera Maya Behind the Wheel
Day 1: Arrival in Cancun
Day 2: Cancun - Coba - Dzitnup Cenote - Valladolid
Day 3: Valladolid - Rio Lagartos - Ek Balam - X'Canche Cenote - Valladolid
Day 4: Valladolid - Beekeeping Centre - Loltun Cave - Chichen Itza
Day 5: Valladolid - Chichen Itza - Yokdzonotz - Mérida
Day 6: Mérida - San Antonio Mulix - Uxmal - Mérida
Day 7: Mérida
Day 8: Mérida - Izamal - Tulum
Day 9: Tulum
Day 10: Tulum (we suggest you visit the archaeological site)
Day 11: Tulum - Cancun - Departure
CANCUN: the three-star Hotel Margarita in a standard double room
VALLADOLID: the three-star Hotel Meson del Marquès in a standard double room
CHICHEN ITZA: the three-star Hotel Okaan in a standard double room
MERIDA: the three-star Hotel Del Gobernador in a standard double room
TULUM: the three-star Hip Hotel in a standard double room
- Single room optional.
- Maximum triple room with 3 adults or 2 adults + 1 child (aged 4 to 10)
We recommend an early departure (9 am) to Rio Lagartos Nature Reserve. Take the time to contemplate its famous mangroves and observe a wide variety of animals (crocodiles, tropical birds, etc.) in this paradise of the pink flamingo. Lunch of your choice so you can enjoy the waterfront. Departure in the early afternoon; we recommend a visit to the Ek Balam archaeological site. You will have the opportunity to climb the Maya pyramid and if the weather permits, to enjoy a refreshing swim in the X'Canche Cenote.
Dinner of your choice. Night at the hotel.
We advise you to leave early in order to continue your journey with a visit to a beekeeping centre to discover a species endemic to the region, the melipones. These bees do not sting and are renowned for the honey and essences they produce. Lunch of your choice. You will continue your journey by visiting Loltun Caves, ancient caves where ancient Mayan rites are performed. We suggest you visit the sound and light show, the famous "Noches de Kukulkan", located at the archaeological site of Chichen Itza (starting at 7 pm or 8 pm depending on the season, duration 40 minutes, admission is to be paid on site). Dinner of your choice and night at the hotel.
We advise you to set off early (8.30 am) for San Antonio de Mulix to refresh yourself in the cenotes and get to know one of the indigenous communities of the peninsula in Pueblo de Cacao. We suggest having lunch in the "Ochil" hacienda, located on the road between the cenotes and the archaeological site. Head towards Uxmal where you can visit its main attraction, "Ruta Puuc", featuring typical architecture such as the nuns' quadrilateral or the governor's palace. Visit of the Cocoa Museum (entrance included) and Mayan ceremony located not far from the site. Return to Mérida. Dinner of your choice. Night at the hotel.
Take the time to visit "The White City", Merida, capital of the state of Yucatan. This city of one and a half million inhabitants is famous for its cathedral and "paseo Montejo" bordered by the sumptuous residences of the former masters of the Henequen (an agave species) industry. Lunch of your choice. We suggest you visit El Zócalo, its cathedral and the Governor's Palace. Take a nocturnal horse-drawn carriage tour to enjoy the historic centre of Mérida. Dinner of your choice. Night at the hotel.
Head towards Izamal, a charming colonial village where we recommend visiting the Franciscan convent of San Antonio de Padua, whose atrium is the second largest after the Vatican. We suggest that you have lunch in the heart of "The Yellow City". In the early afternoon, drive to Playa del Carmen. Dinner of your choice. Night at the hotel.
Enjoy a day of relaxation by the Caribbean Sea.
Lunch and dinner of your choice. Night at the hotel.
If you wish, we suggest you visit the Tulum Archaeological Site or the Sian Khan biosphere reserve (to be booked in advance on request) to admire wild manatees in the lagoons. Lunch and dinner of your choice
Night at the hotel.
Drive to Cancun airport to return your rental car.
- The tours mentioned in the itinerary are suggestions. They are not included, except for the excursions and tours explicitly mentioned in the section "included in this deal".
- Depending on your flight schedule, an overnight stay on the plane may be offered on the outgoing and on the return flight, meaning you get 12 or 13 days/10 nights.
- For your international flights, a stopover in the United States or in Canada may be offered, in which case you will need an ESTA for transit through the United States or an eTa for transit through Canada.
- Pickup and return at the airport
- Unlimited mileage
- 24-hour technical and personal assistance
- Access to the airport
- TPL (Third-Party Liability), CDW (Collision Damage Waiver), PAI (Personal Accident Insurance)
- Tolls and parking fees
- Optional extras (GPS, child seat, additional driver, young driver)
- Additional insurance (PAI)
- The cost of collecting the vehicle outside of the car rental branch's opening hours
- Everything that is not mentioned in the "Rental of the vehicle includes" section - Upper category vehicle (contact us)
- The main driver must be over 25 years of age
- A credit card with the necessary limit to cover the deposit will be requested.
- You must provide your passport
- The vehicle must be returned with a full tank of fuel.
- You must be able to present your valid driver's licence and keep it on you during your stay.
Fly with Air France and its partners
Since its creation, Air France has become an essential player in the French and international skies. Based in Paris-Orly and Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle airports, the company also has airport hubs located in Marseille, Lyon, Toulouse, Nice and Bordeaux. As a member of the SkyTeam global alliance, Air France offers its passengers thousands of daily flights. Linking cities around the planet, Air France offers a wide choice of destinations, the nearest of which can be accessed by a direct flight. Offering four different classes, above all Air France offers you the promise of quality service, with attentive and caring staff who are ready to listen whether on the ground or on board.